LOFT CONVERSIONS MANCHESTER
DROP US A LINE
Please use the contact form below and we will come back to you within 24 hours.
Loft conversions are a great way of adding value, comfort and space to your house. This project is a cost-efficient strategy of creating more space without the expense, stress and upheaval of moving house. It can completely change your underutilized attic space to an additional playroom, office, bathroom, or bedroom that you’ve always dreamed of.
Our committed team boasts vast experience in conducting affordable, professional and high-quality loft conversions in Manchester as well the Greater Manchester area. We work with you to offer a bespoke solution that suits your unique vision, budget and property.
We provide a fully comprehensive service that is tailored at transforming your attic space or loft into a functional and beautifully designed area.
Our team of professionals not only endeavours to provide superior quality workmanship, but also works within strict time schedules to make sure that we complete the project within a reasonable time frame. The skilled team works with you, assesses your individual specifications, tastes and requirements to design and come up with a conversion that truly and accurately reflects your needs. We guarantee to provide a superior finish that is completed on budget and time.
Why You Should Consider a Loft Conversion
The following are some of the major reasons many of our customers consider converting their lofts:
- An incredible way of making use of underutilized space
- A cost-efficient property development solution
- Improves the quality of life and comfort
- Less stressful and cheaper than moving house
- Adds value to your house
- A great way to explore your creativity
Services on Offer
Our team of vastly experienced and adequately skilled professionals provides a complete solution that sees your project right from the initial concept to completion. We provide a huge array of services related to loft conversions. Some of them include:
- Decorating and painting – We paint and decorate in such a way that it makes space your own
- Insulation – Insulation involves improving the energy efficiency of your loft’s room
- Construction – This involves adding a window or extending your loft
- Plumbing – Applies if you desire to add Ensuite or a bathroom
- Electrics – We add switches, lights and sockets to your new room
- Joinery – Comes in handy for stairs and furniture
Types of Conversions
Your budget, shape of existing loft and purpose of the new room all determine the type of conversion that’s suitable for your project. After requesting a free consultation from our able experts, we advise you on the best option for your project. The various types include:
- Hip to gable – This type extends the current roof in order to maximize space.
- Mansard – We reshape the roof for additional space. The mansard unlike the dormer, gives your roof a more attractive and sloped appearance.
- Dormer – The dormer gives extra space and height by reshaping the roof.
- Roof light – When it comes to the different types of conversions, this option is the most affordable. It doesn’t involve any alterations to the original shape of your loft.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Every loft conversion project needs Building Regulations approval. At various stages, a building control surveyor inspects the project. Upon final inspection, he or she will issue a completion certificate.
If your home is terraced or semi-detached, then you must notify your neighbours about your planned work especially if falls under the Party Wall Act requirements.
How long does the project take?
A normal loft conversion project will require the fitting of new en-suite facilities and points of access. Our team makes sure that every build is in alignment with the necessary legislation. Depending on the amount of work and size of your loft, the average period it takes is 4-8 weeks.
Can you convert all lofts?
No. Not all attic spaces or lofts are convertible into a living area. This informs our reason for a free and no obligation survey to assess the possibilities of your space as well as explain the different options available together with potential costs involved.
Some of the factors that determine the suitability of converting your space include:
- Roof structure
- Roof pitch
- Available headlight
- Obstacles such as chimney stacks or water tanks
How much does such a project cost in Manchester?
Plenty of variables are involved in every project. Before we issue a quote, it’s prudent that we take a free survey first. A survey gives insights on cost and design preferences for your project. Typically, here are the average costs of a conversion project in Manchester:
- Normal full price – Approximately £23,000 – £28,000
- Dormer build conversion – Approximately £14,000
- Gable build conversion – Approximately £10,800
- Velux build conversion – Approximately £9,000
Are you insured?
Yes, we are fully guaranteed and insured.
Which types of loft conversions do you handle?
In summary, the following are some of the projects we can handle (not limited to these):
– loft conversion with:
- Bathroom – This one depends on the size of your loft
- Velux windows
Is planning permission necessary for this project?
Not always. In most instances, loft conversions are considered PD (Permitted Development) but your design must adhere to several specified parameters. If you intend to extend the conditions and limits of PD, or your property is located or listed within a conversion area, then applying for planning permission is necessary.
Planning permission is also required if you desire to alter the roof shape or height.
You can install dormer and roof lights under PD. However, they should not sit forward on the principal elevation’s roof plane. Secondly, they must be higher than the current roof’s highest part.
We always advise our clients to check the local planning office prior to commencing any work.
Why Choose Loftera
We provide trustworthy and flexible conversion service around and in Manchester. Some of the reasons clients choose us include:
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experienced and highly knowledgeable handymen
- Minimal disruption
- Dedicated customer service
- Detailed project specifications and quotations
- Project scheduling, coordination as well as management off and on-site
Contact Us Today
For more information, a free quote or to schedule an appointment, feel free to get in touch with us today.
We also offer following services: