There’s a lot of hype surrounding loft conversions with many homeowners increasingly becoming a part of the bandwagon. In a nut shell, it makes plenty of sense. Expanding your home may require a lot of commitment and grunt work but the extra space certainly will add extra value to your home.
But the real question is, how much value will it really offer?
Are Loft Conversions Worth It?
According to the Guardian, adding a loft conversion can potentially bring up the value of your property to £42,000. On the other hand, adding an extra bedroom can add another £10,000 to your house’s net worth. These startling numbers add up because home buyers likely to pay extra for extra usable space. In short, a loft conversion equals to better accommodation which people don’t mind spending extra on.
Of course, the ultimate choice eventually comes down to the homeowner and whether they want to go the hassle that’s involved with renovation.
Why Buyers Pay More For Loft Conversions
There’s a reason why loft conversions can boost the value of your home by ten or even twenty percent. Buyers like the appeal of added living space, plus if you turn the loft into a gorgeous bathroom, that’ll also get them excited. Plus, in many ways, a loft conversion can make your house more visually appealing, especially if you had a stairwell into the mix. Either way, you’d definitely be getting a return on your investment which would be putting all your fears to rest.
But Is It Worth The Hassle?
Depending on the amount of renovation you’re planning on getting done, you might not even need a permit. However, in most cases, it’s likely that you will require planning permission, especially if you’re changing external structures of your property.
In the long run, yes, we do suggest that it’ll be worth it. Plus, if you reach out to us for your loft conversion needs, we will promise to take care of all the paperwork and permit needs for you. And our high experienced team will get the job done with minimal disruption and disturbances.
Is My Loft Too Small?
Many people put off the idea of a loft conversion because dating small. You would be surprised I have much you can achieve with limited space. For instance, a dormer window is an exciting yet fuss free way to add more depth to your design. This is a good idea as not everybody may have plenty of floor space.
What If I Have A Chimney Or a Water Tank?
Having a chimney or a water tank does not have to come in your way of getting a loft conversion. Depending on your needs, we can help upgrade your water tank or help you move it to a better usable space. Ideally, you can also switch to a combi boiler that’ll eliminate the problem completely.
We follow more or else the same plan of action with chimneys. You can choose to have it removed or we can work around it instead.
What Can I Achieve With My Loft Conversion?
Leave it to us to get you excited about loft conversions. There are tons of stuff you can do with the extra space. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Living Room: Why not revamp the loft to a whole new living room space? You can get a couple of comfy couches and a nice entertainment center. Or else you can go old school with a few arm chairs and a lovely rug. This could be your new space to host New Year’s Eve parties and birthdays.
- Study Room: Socializing and partying with friends is always fun but sometimes we could all use some extra ‘me’ time. Build yourself a study room where you can wind down and get cozy with all your books. You can also turn this into a reading den for the kids and plop up some colourful beanbags. All you’d need are a few shelves and a few tables and chairs.
- Home Office: How’s that side venture coming along? It’s time to step out of your comfort zone and turn your ideas into concrete plans. A customised cozy office space is a great way to make the most of your loft conversion. You can also incorporate a pretty stairwell and some neat drawers and baskets.
- Bathroom: Sometimes it’s go big or go home. Since you’re looking to change the structure of your home anyway, why not get a new bathroom? Aim big for a spa-like retreat that will help your relax and rejuvenate after a long day. Depending on your budget, you can splurge on high end sinks and showers. Stainless steel is a luxury that you might have been putting off for a while but maybe now’s the time to go for perfection.
- Guest Rooms: Friends and family are always thrilled when you let them crash on the couch. Imagine how they would feel if you invite them over to your new guest room? Picture the perfect space with loads of artwork on the wall. And best of all, who says you can’t crash a few nights on the brand new mattress yourself?
Would I Have to Move Out While The Work Is In Progress?
Thankfully, you won’t! In most cases, you can carry on with your day-to-day routine. Our team of highly skilled workers will get the job done within the mentioned time-frame with minimal disruption. We will also take care of the cleanup afterwards so that you can spend extra time enjoying your new space.
So, what are you waiting for? As we’ve already lamented, loft conversions are definitely worth it. And if you have any concerns, we can still work around it to make it worth your while.
Give us a call and one of our representatives will be happy to reach out to you. This will be followed by a quick visit too survey your home. Happy lofting!
- loft conversions Liverpool
- Loft conversions Manchester
- London and Bristol
- DIY Loft conversion
- Garage conversions
- Fire regulations
- Storage ideas